Current time: 09-25-2017, 09:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegisterLogin with Facebook)
View New Posts | View Today's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The New "Maximus" Street/Track Build - Factory Five 818
12-07-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: The New "Maximus" Street/Track Build - Factory Five 818
Well, I couldn't wait to get started, so the Sunday after thanksgiving I went out and picked up an EJ205 and a slew of parts required for this build. Blinker stick from the steering column broke in transit and the brakes ended up completely shot, but other than that, a pretty solid haul for not much money. Probably will go with a JDM 6spd and brake package from JSpec to round out the big parts of the build and then just parts cleaning, rebuilding, and more saving before pulling the trigger on the kit! Finally getting somewhere.

Some parts pics attached.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

DD - '10 GTI DSG
Project - FF818 aka "Maximus"
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." -William Faulkner
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Despite the holiday season got some new goodies for the garage and a few parts for the build since they were on crazy discount ($15 for a new walbro pump AND kit!?!).

2 Ton Engine Hoist
1 Ton Engine Stand
Electric Impact Wrench
Used Snap On Digital Torque Wrench
Fuel Pump
Alcantara and leather for the seat re-upholstery
4 Pad Seat heater kit

Next step is to move all parts and tools out to my mildly renovated workshop (in progress) out in the back yard. Only has power for an air compressor, heat, and lights...but that should be enough for the winter. Was hoping to get a powder coating oven out there, but $2000 to run the required cable for the 100A panel was just out of reach.

Once I have a new retaining wall in place and the structure shored up and the project transferred I'll get some pictures up!

DD - '10 GTI DSG
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." -William Faulkner
12-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Sounds good!
Jspec is literally around the corner from where I work.
I figure I'll be hitting them up for parts when the time comes.
01-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Still working on the workshop, but had to pick up a Subie front subframe w/attached steering rack/LCAs/hoses and bolts. Best $50 I've spent so far on this project. I swear I'll get those pics up soon!

DD - '10 GTI DSG

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Twitter MySpace