Current time: 12-09-2019, 11:26 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegisterLogin with Facebook)
View New Posts | View Today's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
learning other skills
07-20-2013, 09:22 PM
learning other skills
I enjoy working on my car the most, but I am trying to learn new stuff. Luckily, I have decent interweb skills.

This is my kegerator build. I used Teak veneer and a lil carbon fiber (my first veneer job). I like the hardwoods, but I was respectful of those who are trying to save the forests.

The right keg handle is a Mazda 5 CF brake handle.

[Image: 7371-L.jpg]

[Image: 7366-L.jpg]

I built the work bench a few years ago. The one car garage needed some options. The working surface tilts up for everyday parking.
[Image: 7368-L.jpg]

[Image: 7375-XL.jpg]

[Image: 7382-L.jpg]

[Image: 7392-L.jpg]

[Image: 7394-L.jpg]

Daily | Weekend | Project
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: learning other skills
Teak

<drool>

You do work on the side? I'm hoping to find a nice old record player console and gut it and I don't have the tools or skill to add/remove parts to house some speakers and the modern electronics.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2013, 12:37 PM
(07-21-2013 11:42 AM)RiverCitySyn Wrote:  Teak

<drool>

You do work on the side? I'm hoping to find a nice old record player console and gut it and I don't have the tools or skill to add/remove parts to house some speakers and the modern electronics.

I don't have the skills. My kegerator came out fairly decent, but it was really sorta a fluke. I don't really know what I am doing. Well, after one veneer job I did learn a fair bit.

I would be scared to mess up someone else's stuff.

07-22-2013, 10:05 AM
(07-21-2013 12:37 PM)jspirate Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 11:42 AM)RiverCitySyn Wrote:  Teak

<drool>

I don't have the skills. My kegerator came out fairly decent, but it was really sorta a fluke. I don't really know what I am doing. Well, after one veneer job I did learn a fair bit.

I would be scared to mess up someone else's stuff.

All looks very nice! Just too clean for a working garage. Smile

2007 335i - Mine
2011 Lexus CT Hybrid - Hers
2008 Honda VFR - Toy 1
1971 DeTomaso Pantera - a work in progress
07-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Nice job!
07-22-2013, 11:50 AM
(07-22-2013 10:05 AM)PopsRcr Wrote:  All looks very nice! Just too clean for a working garage. Smile

Yeah. I just do bolt-on stuff in the garage. If I have to get to the internals its done at a buddy's house. Well, I also used NGP Racing for my clutch and LSD.

Its an odd mix to do car and wood work in the same shop. When finishing wood you don't want airborne stuffs. Just like painting a car. So, the garage gets swept, vacuumed and leafblown weekly. Right before finishing any wood, it also gets mopped.

Nothing like OCD tendencies!

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Twitter MySpace